Sweetened Condensed Milk Buttercream (aka Russian Buttercream)
Silky and smooth, and perfect for piping. This soft and sweet Buttercream is NOT a crusting Buttercream, and does well kept cool or refrigerated once piped.
- 500 g Butter, at cool room temperature
- 395 g Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Vanilla or other flavourings optional
- Add softened butter to a mixing bowl, and whisk or beat for at least 3 minutes on medium high until very light in colour and fluffy.
- Slowly add Sweetened Condensed Milk, whisking or beating on medium speed as you add it (or add in small amounts and beat). Mix on medium high until combined and fluffy.
This delightfully silky Buttercream has a mouthfeel very much like meringue Buttercreams, without eggs, so its great if you have an aversion to egg. Its also shelf stable like Basic Buttercream as it doesn’t contain rapidly perishable ingredients, however it is heat sensitive. If you live in a hot environment, its best to store your completed cake or cupcakes in the fridge or airconditioning to hold their shape. You can use this Buttercream as you would meringue Buttercream, but it will need to be chilled to firm before you can impress or paint like you would on Basic Buttercream